I am sorry it took me so long to get to this question! I hope you regularly check tumblr tags, anon so that this can help you out.
Transferring out of Wellesley required:
- getting my high school transcripts sent to my transfer colleges
- getting my wellesley transcripts sent
- getting my dean to give me a “statement of good standing” (i.e. I am a student at this school of average GPA etc)
- then I had to get two teacher recommendations (I think I provided a third but I don’t remember from who),
- then I had to tackle the common app transfer questions and then the transfer supplement questions
- I wrote a BOMB ASS creative essay and I am pretty sure it is what got me in
- also my interview
- mostly the essay tho
I have never regretted transferring from Wellesley. I was terrified, in the weeks approaching my UChicago enrollment, that my unhappiness was a product of myself and not my surroundings. Within 48 hours at UChicago, I knew I belonged. I loved (and still love) some of my Wellesley sisters but it was never the place for me.
I will tell you that in the moments I go with my gut, and I mean REALLY go with it, no bullshitting, no psychoanalyzing bullshit, it leads me well. And I knew in my gut Wellesley wasn’t for me and I knew in my gut UChicago was for me.