emotions are dumb
yea mom, we’re totally facetiming because I wanna show you something and not because I know the dog is sitting on your lap
- Mom: I was hanging out with my friend Julie and she was supposed to pick up her 15 year old son.
- Mom: But she was running a little late. So he calls her and just starts railing on her 'Mom, it's 5:20 and you were supposed to be here at 5:10. WHERE ARE YOU?!' He had such an attitude!
- Mom: Anyway, it just made me think—
- Me: How grateful you are that you had an overall sensible and pleasant teenager?
- Mom: —how terrible teens are. Like, you were a fucking nightmare.
- Mom: Anyway, gotta go to this meeting. Love you! Bye!
The realization, perhaps a minute before you would’ve finally put your phone down to attempt sleep, as your mind’s humming is distracted by a kind of nascent drowsiness that has found its way into your lids—you remember with regretful and startled awakedness.
"I didn’t take out my fucking contact lenses."